03 September 2009

Indescribable

I simply do not know how to put this in words: God is amazing. I have this desire to shout of how wonderful He is, but there is no earthly way to describe Him. It would be impossible!
One of the things I struggle with is trying to survive life on my own. Everytime I do this I fall, and God is right there to put my feet back on solid rock; so why do I continue to fight on my own? We as humans can be so blind. We think we have everything under control and before we realize it the world is swirling around us as we just stand there wondering where we lost control. I can be so stubborn sometimes. In my heart I know that I need to fully surrender to the one who gave me life, but at the same time I'm afraid to let go of the control I have. God is revealing to me that I really can trust Him. With everything.

I worry a lot. What are people going to think of me? What will happen tomorrow? Next week?

Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Give Him all your cares and spend your day glorifying Him in everything you do!

God has told me to wait on Him. Wait. Wait? Why wait? God tells us in Psalm 27:14 "Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." We tend to think that waiting is weakness, but the Lord tells us to be strong and take heart as we wait for the Lord. It takes a lot of strength and courage to put our trust fully in Him and just allow Him to work.

Something I have really begun to think on is how God is everything we need. Not only that but he is all we need. We don't need to worry about the little things in life; all we need is Him. I really feel that God is teaching me this. I may not always understand, and I may not always remember, but God really is all that I need. Each day I want to wake up and declare that "God is everything and all that I need! Nothing in this world can satisfy my heart. Nothing else can comfort me and love me the way He does."

Lord, You NEVER let go of me!!! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment