27 December 2010

Thankfulness:Salvation

I have decided that every day for the next month I am going to post a little blurb about something I am thankful for.  Sometimes, life can really get you down, but when you make an effort to be thankful, it completely changes your heart.  Through this little "self-challenge" I am hoping to keep my focus on God and everything He has so graciously done for me and allowed me to have.  I am hoping to continue to grow in my faith and trust in God through all circumstances, and doing this with a thankful heart and a positive attitude.


~~


Day 1: Salvation
The salvation and love given to me by my wonderful savior is something I can wake up every morning and be thankful for.  This will never change.  I am so thankful that I have a heavenly father who loves me enough to send his son to earth in order to die so that I may live.  It is truly the greatest gift that could ever be given.  I am so thankful that I am able to choose to receive this gift and to live a fulfilled life filled with whole life blessings.  Despite who I was and who I am, God loves me.  I am so undeserving of his gracious gift to me and will forever be grateful for it.  I am thankful that God paved the way for me to know him and grow in relationship with him.  I love God with everything in me, and even when it seems like I have nothing good in my life, I can always remember all that God has given me and the eternal life with Him that he has promised me.






For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. -- Romans 6:23


God saved you by his grace when you believed.  And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. -- Ephesians 2:8






God, I can't ever thank you enough. I love you.


Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment