27 December 2010

Thankfulness:Family

Day 2: Family
I love living on my own and being at college with all my friends, but it's nice to come home to my family. I am so thankful that I have God-fearing parents who have brought me up to know God.  I am thankful for all the bonding time we've had together when I've come home from college. I love my brothers and wouldn't trade them for anything! :)  They're the best brothers ever.  


I was able to come home for Thanksgiving and the day after went Black Friday shopping with my brother, Joshua.  Even though we came out with nothing, the experience was worth it.  We also were able to get our Christmas tree while I was home.  I always enjoy going with my family to Bud's Tree Farm to pick out and cut down our very own tree.  Also, taking our family pictures is always an adventure!  It's hard to keep us all still; we're always goofing off or texting--so this year my dad just decided that for our Christmas card we'd just have a picture of our whole family texting.  It was a big hit! :)


I love how when one of the first times I came home from college I got to wrestle and "beat up" on my little (yet bigger) brothers and how Joshua could, after I attacked him, say to me , "Ashley, get your freshman fifteen off of me!"--but then not too long after that buy me a green and blue lava lamp just because I wanted one.  I love how my brother Wyatt sent me a facebook message while I was at college just to let me know how his first year of high school had been going.   I love how my brothers actually want to hang out with me when I'm home.  


I'm thankful for my dad who works so hard to provide for our family.  I'm thankful that he's so understanding and strong and intelligent.  He's always thinking of how he can better himself and his family.  I'm thankful for my mom, who loves to shop--I hate shopping.  When I come home, she loves to take me shopping and she loves to buy things for me.  We even have had some un-terrible shopping excursions, believe it or not!  I love how my parents do everything they can to make sure my brothers and I have a chance at every opportunity available to us.  They do their best to give us everything we need and want.  I love my family!






Give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. -- Ephesians 5:20






Thank you God, for my family--especially for the fact that I was born in a family that already knew and loved you.  I am very blessed for that!


Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I completely forgot about that "freshman 15" comment I made. I literally laughed out loud! Thanks for being an AMAZING big sister that I can (and will) always look up too! You're awesome and I love you!

    ReplyDelete