28 October 2011

His Waves

I really needed to be reminded of this. Why is it so easy to turn to God in the good times, yet when we struggle we forget Him?  We should always find our peace in our Lord and only Him. So if you find yourself amidst waves today, remember who controls them.  Hold tightly to the one who can calm even the rougheat seas.

--------------------------------------------------

Psalm 42:5-6
Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again--my Savior my God! Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you.

They are HIS waves, whether they break over us, hiding His face in smothering spray and foam; or smooth and sparkling, spread a path before us, and to our haven bear us safely home.

They are HIS waves, whether for our sure comfort He walks across them, stilling all our fear; or to our cry there comes no aid nor answer, and in the lonely silence none is near.

They are HIS waves, whether we are hard-striving through tempest-driven waves that never cease, while deep to deep with turmoil loud is calling; or at His word they hush themselves in peace.

They are HIS waves, whether He separates them, making us walk dry ground where seas had flowed; or let tumultuous breakers surge about us, rushing unchecked across our only road.

They are HIS waves, and He directs us through them; so He has promised, so His love will do. Keeping and leading, guiding and upholding, to His sure harbor, He will bring us through.

-Annie Johnson Flint

No comments:

Post a Comment