07 January 2011

Thankfulness:Alone Time

Day 9: Alone Time
Being around lots of people all the time always keeps life exciting and interesting; however, I do enjoy my alone time.  Being in the busyness of the crowd, I can sometimes become so unaware of personal issues I need to work through.  For me, it is healthy to have regular doses of alone time to refresh myself. 


During these times alone I am able to reflect on everything happening in my life and to spend some time just thinking.  In the quietness and stillness of being alone, thoughts flow effortlessly.  Sometimes I spend these times just sitting in silence.  Sometimes I listen to music.  I also read my bible, write, and pray.  These times alone are all about me and God, and it's the most wonderful time spent! 


In times like these I have had my most intense moments of surrender to God.  I have overcome obstacles and heard God speaking to me.  Moments like these are so intimate, I can't quite describe them.  Sometimes, God just fills me with unexplainable joy, while other times my heart is broken for all the things that break His.  I have had some life-changing experiences when I simply give some time to be alone with God--it's so worth it!


I have had the greatest opportunities to be alone over winter break.  Two of the three weeks I've been home, my family has been gone all day at work and school, so I've had the entire weekdays to myself.  I have to say, it has been absolutely wonderful.  Not only have I gotten a lot of other stuff done, such as reading, working out, blogging, cleaning, cooking, crocheting, and watching t.v. (things i love to do, but hardly have time to do), but I've also had my quiet times with God.  I've really made an effort to give God the first part of my day.  I've spent this time reading a lot out of my bible, doing devotions, praying, and listening to worship music.  It is so peaceful and comforting.  It is such a good feeling to be in His presence!


I am so thankful to God that when I am still in His presence, He works in me and through me.  He opens my eyes to things I am otherwise unaware of during the craziness of life.  He speaks to me and heals me.  I am very thankful that God always gives me opportunities where I can be alone, for He knows that I need it.  I love God with everything in me!  Spending time with Him just makes it all the more clear that He is all I need.  He is the air I breathe--always forever!  


Here's the lyrics to one of my favorite songs!


Always Forever - Phil Wickham


You are the hand that catches my fall
You are the friend that answers my call
You are my day, You are my night
You are my love and all of my life

You are the love I need
You are the air I breathe
You are my love my life always forever
I would lay down my life
Just to be by Your side
You are my love my life always forever

You are the grace that covers my sin
You’re everything the beginning and end
You have my soul, my heart and my mind
You have my love and all of my life

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, forever

No comments:

Post a Comment