04 January 2011

Thankfulness:Friends

Day 7: Friends
Today I am very thankful for all my wonderful friends.  Friends are perhaps the most precious gift from God.  They are the people He has specifically put in your path to bless you.  There are so many amazing people that God has put in my life that I know God truly wants us to have people who are there for us.  


Even though friends have come and gone, the friends I have had have served a purpose for some time in my life. In some times of my life I have had friends help me through, and in other times I have had totally different people there to carry me along.  


God knows we as humans desire relationships with others; in fact, He is the one who gave us this desire.  He wants us to live together in harmony, building each other up and carrying each others' burdens.  It's such a wonderful thing to know you have someone who genuinely cares about you.


I am so thankful for every friend I have ever had.  Each friend has helped me in some way, and I wouldn't ever take a friendship back.  Although some friendships have changed and floated away, others still have grown stronger.  I have also made some new friends whom I feel as close to as any longtime friend I've had.  I am unbelievably thankful for the friends God has blessed me with recently.  In times when I have felt beat down by the trials of life, they have picked me up and restored me.  They have been there to encourage me and guide me to the one who heals all hurts.  They have inspired me to be who God made me.  They love me for who I am, but they also love me enough to want me to be better.  I am thankful to have friends whom I can relate to--those who are going through some of the same trials.  I am also thankful for the friends who are in completely different levels of life, but understand where I'm at.  


My friends have helped me so much.  It's great to have people you can tell anything to.  I love my friends like crazy!  I am so thankful to God for the wonderful gift of friendship. 


And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. -- 1 Samuel 18:1-3 (New King James Version)


Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. -- Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (NIV)


A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. -- Proverbs 17:17 (NIV)


Thank you, God! I love you!


Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment